[FFmpeg-user] need help

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:40:27 CET 2012

On date Thursday 2012-01-19 16:47:17 -0000, Rhodri James encoded:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:20:02 -0000, Abeer Awad <abeerawad at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >i tried it but the output files are : outfile-00001.jpg,
> >outfile-00002.jpg ...., the type does not appear in the file name,
> >so what to do?
>
> 2. Please don't top-post; it's rude, and it reverses the flow of
> conversation.
>

> 1. Those JPEGs are just images, they don't have frame types.  If you
> want to
> know what type of frame the image was derived from, the ffprobe command
> you were told earlier will do that.  I'm not sure how useful it will be to
> you, since it's entirely unclear what you think you are achieving by this.
> If you want to change the filenames, I suggest that you write a script that
> takes the output of ffprobe and renames the files accordingly.

Exactly. If you want to avoid to decode the file two times (ffprobe
-show_frames performs decoding), you can parse the output of -vf
showinfo and use that information for "tagging" the output image
files.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #33
FFmpeg has several video sources which can be used for generating synthetic video.