[FFmpeg-user] .avi audio question

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jan 18 12:39:27 CET 2012

Rick C. <rickcorteza <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If aac in .avi is not common then I guess I'll go with ac-3.

As said, I fear there will be use-cases where you won't be happy with the result.
(I did not test if WMP accepts aac in avi, if it does it might actually be the
better solution if you can live with the available encoders.)

> And with the vtag yes it's not audio related, I just meant if I create a DivX
> compatible .avi using -vtag DX50 what would be the best audio.

Again: "DivX", "avi" and "vtag" are in no way related to audio (best or not).