[FFmpeg-user] mpeg2 bufsize question

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Jan 18 01:42:43 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 05:03:56PM -0500, Dave P wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> How do you calculate bufsize?  No matter what value I choose, I get

When you generate a mpeg file for XYZ lets say thats DVD then theres
a XYZ (DVD in this case) specification that lists what buffer size
this allows.

If you choose a value larger than what the spec allows then you dont
conform to the spec and some players will not corectly play the file.
too small and you get various over and underflows

note, "-target XYZ" will set these things correctly

[...]

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator