[FFmpeg-user] GPU encoding.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 17 18:59:04 CET 2012

dE . <de.techno <at> gmail.com> writes:

> No, I didn't find this kind of discussion anywhere which probably means
> this has not yet been implemented.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/33453
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/31204
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/24906
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/24525
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/137713
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/62614

(I strongly believe that there is a good reason why none of these discussions
led anywhere, but claiming you "didn't find this kind of discussion anywhere" is
a surprise.)

> Technologies -- OpenCL, Vdapu.

(Assuming you mean VDPAU: What kind of encoding you think should be possible
with it? The "D" stands for "decoding".)

> Any codec implementing this... or is there some sort of work going on
> anywhere?

No, because developers here generally assume it is not worth the effort.