[FFmpeg-user] Using amerge to convert dual mono to stereo

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Jan 15 17:06:45 CET 2012

Le quartidi 24 nivôse, an CCXX, Tim Nicholson a écrit :
> Well what I wanted was the first mono stream to be left and the
> second mono stream to be right. What I got was the first mono stream
> on both channels.

Cf. the mail I just posted on -devel: this is not a problem with amerge but
a problem with -f lavfi being unable to output anything but s16, plus a
problem with aconvert downmixing everything to mono as a bonus to converting
to s16.

You can work around the second problem with aformat=s16:stereo:all at the
end of the filter chain, but it will need a cleaner solution.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George