[FFmpeg-user] avcodec_open return error -22

Jasleen Kaur Jasleen at beesys.com
Wed Jan 11 08:06:27 CET 2012

From: ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org [ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org] on behalf of Carl Eugen Hoyos [cehoyos at ag.or.at]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:38 PM
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] avcodec_open return error -22

Jasleen Kaur <Jasleen <at> beesys.com> writes:

> Following is the code i have written to use ffmpeg to open MP4 encoder.
> When I call avcodec_open it returns -22.

This mailing list is primarily for questions about the tool ffmpeg, there is a
mailing list for API questions, please read http://ffmpeg.org/contact.html

>  pContext->codec_id = CODEC_ID_MPEG4;

>  pContext->pix_fmt = PIX_FMT_RGBA;

I don't know much about FFmpeg API, but encoding RGB to ASP is definitely not
supported (and not defined afaik).

I have tried with YUV also but same error.
Is there any help available for the error numbers returned?