[FFmpeg-user] MXF File containing AVC Intra or 1:1 HD720p

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jan 5 20:16:57 CET 2012

Steve Dierker <steve.dierker <at> flavoursys.com> writes:

> I'm wondering how to convert these formats:
> AVC Intra 100
> AVC Intra 50

These may not work but please try (and report)

> 1:1 HD720p
> 1:1 10bit

I don't know if we have samples for them, after you removed -f dv (see below),
please consider uploading samples if they are not supported.

> 1:1 10bit RGB

This is supported in avi, we may need the mxf sample to add support.

> DVC Pro HD

This should work, I guess.

> ffmpeg -f dv -i DVC_ProHD.mxf -an out.avi

Please remove "-f dv", it makes sure ffmpeg cannot decode the sample.
Assuming this is high-resolution, use -qscale 2 for testing:
ffmpeg -i DVC_ProHD.mxf -an -qscale 2 out.avi