[FFmpeg-user] problem encoding yuv422p with Libx264

BullMoose bullmoose at presentationgeek.com
Wed Jan 4 17:41:27 CET 2012

I am not sure if this is the correct location to post this, if not perhaps
someone can point me to the correct list

In recent builds of ffmpeg and libx264 (after November 30, 2011) I have been
getting no video when attempting to encode yuv422p video streams.

If I force the pixel format to yuv420p or yuv444p, the encoded files are
fine even with yuv422p source material.

There are no error messages during the encoding, just black video as a
result. The file size is about the same for the yuv422p black video as it is
for yuv420p correct video.

Using libxvid automatically converts the material to yuv420 (as it should).

Builds I made on November 30, 2011 encode the yuv422p streams correctly.