[FFmpeg-user] PTS/DTS calculation robust enough for MP4 files?

Ashish Mathur mail2ashi.86 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:19:02 CET 2012

Hi All,

Do FFMPEG 0.8.5 and 0.8.7 contain a very robust logic for PTS/DTS
calculation of MP4 streams? My experience with the old FFMPEG versions have
been that there were always some patches required in the official releases
to cater the correct PTS values for a stream after a seek operation.

I just want to know that have there been any bugs or limitations found in
the PTS calculation/adjustment logic for MP4 files in mov.c (for usecases
like seek) in the latest versions of FFMPEG?

Regards,
Ashish