[FFmpeg-user] Quantify Video Quality

Atish Kathpal atish.kathpal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:27:53 CET 2012

@ Andrey  yes, thats right. I am interested in finding if there is any
difference in quality of videos derived from an uncompressed (YUV) master
as against an AVI master. And I would like to put some numbers against that
quality, rather than having to manually look at the videos to know how they
differ in terms of quality.

Is there a tool to help me do that? Can FFmpeg itself report the
signal:noise ratios you talk about?

Thanks
Atish