[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg on low power hardware

funtastic officemab at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:17:38 CET 2012

Am 21. Februar 2012 21:51 schrieb John Saturday <stozher at gmail.com>:

> > Is there a way to download RTSP streams on a very low power
> > machine and how to prevent such problems?
>
> Just use "copy":
>
> ffmpeg -i rtsp://... -f mpegts -c copy output.mpeg.ts
>
> older variant of options is a: -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy

Thank you.... but sadly, that did not solve my problem

I experimented with your suggestions and according to my version (0.8.7)
I have to use the -vcodec options:

ffmpeg -i rtsp://myurl.mp4 -f mpegts -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy
myoutput.mpeg.ts

When I enter that, ffmpeg fails to execute with the following error:
"[mpegts @ 0x438380] first pts value must set"

Some other stuff I tried:

ffmpeg -i rtsp://myurl.mp4 -f mpeg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -scodec copy
myoutput.mpeg

--> Fails with following error:
[mpeg @ 0x438380] Application provided invalid, non monotonically
increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: 3600 >= 3600

+++

ffmpeg -i rtsp://myurl.mp4 myoutput.mpeg

--> Works but fails after a certain time (mostly after 150 frames; as
described earlier)

I really think that implicit file conversion/decoding/encoding could be the
problem. As John Saturday already said, a simple copy should be best.
Although my embedded system is really low power (consumer router with
openwrt - runs at 400 MHz)... a simple stream dump should be possible I
hope... (I really don't care that much about speed... It should just be
able to download the stream - without cancel the whole thing at an early
stage...)

Any other ideas or hints? What about http tunneling - could this be a
reasonable way?