[FFmpeg-user] How can I join video files?

Tarun singhal tsinghal18 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:43:42 CET 2012

Well, I am still in learning stage, but I faced same use case,

The problem is, if the segments are in GB scale and are of different
format, concatenating them by converting into mpg raw video format, is
highly costly business,

According to me command line can look like this -

ffmpeg -i "merge: seg1,seg2,seg3" <transcoding_options> output

"merge" would be a new option introduced
At the back end: We can try to analyze each segment specified in the input
option, and process everything.

logic:
step 1: start transcoding seg1 as per <transcoding_option>, and as it get
finished,
step2:  just start transcoding seg2 and those frames are to be added to
stream being obtained from step1
and go on...

I don't know how that logic will look like, just thought to share what I
think.

Regards,
Tarun Singhal