[FFmpeg-user] Scene detection

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Feb 20 12:02:38 CET 2012

Zitat von Clément B?sch <ubitux at gmail.com>:
> As a side note, if someone is motivated, maybe
> https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/442 could be solved by porting
> shotdetect in libavfilter; this will ensure the feature will always be
> available.

I absolutely agree.
I've generally been thinking of porting shotdetect's functionality to
libavfilter in the long term to ensure its availability.

Shotdetect does not only provide a scene-detection feature, but also
returns graph images which are incredibly useful for quality-checks of
video material.

We (the Video-archive team at the Austrian Mediathek) will definitely
need a way of sustaining and possibly improving the features currently
provided by shotdetect.

However, this is currently non high-priority, so it's not scheduled
yet - but it will. Sooner or later...

Regards,
Pb