[FFmpeg-user] Adding HTTP Headers to Other Protocols

medi mtirgar+exotic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 17:43:51 CET 2012

Hi,

I was trying to add HTTP headers when connecting to mmsh server.
Fortunately there is the option (-headers) in ffmpeg which allows
adding custom headers. But the problem is it only works if you are
connecting to http protocol, if you are connecting to mmsh protocol
instead, ffmpeg will ignore -headers option flag.

Here is a command line example:

it sends headers:
ffprobe  -headers "Referer: http://www.mysite.com" "http://mysite.com:80/live"

it doesn't send headers:
ffprobe  -headers "Referer: http://www.mysite.com" "mmsh://mysite.com:80/live"

I'm wondering what is the workaround for this ? I need this because
the mms server checks for referer header to ensure that the user is
watching the video from the page which the video should be embeded!
otherwise it return unauthorized access message.

Would truly appreciated your help.
Thanks in advance.