[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg on low power hardware

funtastic officemab at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:32:15 CET 2012

Dear all,

I would like to use ffmpeg on my router with openwrt in order
to download an rtsp (mp4) stream (from a WowzaMedia server).

When I dump the stream on my desktop computer everything
works fine and ffmpeg successfully creates the mp4 file.

On my embedded device, CPU utilization is very high (> 90 %) and
the framerate is below 3 fps. After about 150 frames ffmpeg
outputs several CSeq warnings and stops working. The remaining
frames are duplicated...

I think that due to the weak CPU power the stream cannot be handled
in "realtime" and the invalid sequence counter stops ffmpeg?

Is there a way to download RTSP streams on a very low power
machine and how to prevent such problems?

Thanks in advance,
Martin