[FFmpeg-user] How can I join video files?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Feb 16 14:58:52 CET 2012

L'octidi 28 pluviôse, an CCXX, Peter B. a écrit :
> But, as I assume that ffmpeg is able to remux containers, I also
> assumed it would be possible to do remux (and possibly transcode)
> several input files with matching audio/video codec into a new file.
>
> I've successfully been doing this with several thousands of files
> (FFv1/PCM in AVI) with mencoder - so it's technically possible.

This is indeed technically possible, and it should be simple enough to write
using libavformat's API, but it is not currently possible with the ffmpeg
command line tool.

Patches welcome.

There is a vague project of concat filters in lavfi, but it would only work
with decoded audio and video.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George