[FFmpeg-user] Bad keyframes when encoding to the ogg container format

Robert McIntyre rlm at mit.edu
Sun Feb 12 08:11:27 CET 2012

>> Seeking in this file is obviously broken when I play it
>> with mplayer or ffplay.

>Which file do you mean? The same as above?

I did mean the file out-new-full.ogg which you tested.

My mplayer is version:

MPlayer SVN-r34260-4.5.2 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

and it doesn't seek correctly with out-new-full.ogg file.

My current version of ffplay does seek correctly, but reports that
out-new-full.ogg is broken and that the keyframes are bad.  Does your
ffplay also report anything about the keyframes?

Even if a newer version of mplayer can handle the file, there still
seems to be something wrong with the way ffmpeg is writing ogg files
from a sequence of images, probably related to keyframes.

sincerely,
--Robert McIntyre