[FFmpeg-user] [Windows] Running ffmpeg.exe programatically - possible to monitor progress?

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Fri Feb 10 13:23:28 CET 2012

On 10.02.2012, at 16:12, John Dexter wrote:

> If my Win32 app launches ffmpeg.exe with a command-line, does anyone
> know if there is a way to monitor the progress and when it has
> finished?

Do you know what is pipe? This is the most usual way to communicate
with console app in both Windows and Unix systems.
I'm sure you can find particular samples using Google. Both progress
and termination event can be caught.

> Requiring users to install something like cygwin is not an option,

cygwin/mingw are the tools to _build_ Unix applications in Windows and
for Windows.
They have no relation to the topic.

HTH!