[FFmpeg-user] configure on Debian Squeeze

tovis mailer.tovis at freemail.hu
Tue Feb 7 11:07:25 CET 2012

Hi everyone!
I have trying to configure/compile/install ffmpeg, using git sources
(0.9.x.git). The box itself "clean" Squeeze without X (I need ffmpeg
"only" for streaming, converting, processing purposes).
I need optional filter "drwatext", I have using "$ ./config
--enable-libfreetype" - ffmpeg config does not found it - "ERROR: freetype
not found"

After some google investigation, I have found that I simply does not
installed freetype library. I have installed libfreetype6-dev - as
suggested in that email. ffmpeg config still does not found freetype
library :(
At the end of config.log I found relevant information:

check_pkg_config freetype2 ft2build.h freetype/freetype.h FT_Init_FreeType
ERROR: freetype2 not found

What does it mean?
/usr/ib/pkgconfig/freetype2.pc look like this:

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: FreeType 2
Version: 12.0.6
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lfreetype
Libs private: -lz
Cflags: -l${includedir}/freetype2 -I${includedir}

I could not find what is wrong with this.
Any help?

Sincerely
  tovis