[FFmpeg-user] crf mode in libvpx

Boštjan Strojan bostjan.strojan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:09:25 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Hard to believe...
> (I tested vorbis before posting my first mail in this thread.)

maybe my compile behaves.

> Isn't that what you expect with -qscale 30?

what would you expect from an unknown scale? (nothing really, its just
middle number, libvpx range seems to be 0-60, but i guess there must
be some "mysterious" ffmpeg mapping going on in the background)

>> no sound)
>
> You unfortunately cut the relevant part of my mail;-(

Well, even if vorbis is working, that would again mean a futille
search for a proper quality parameter, so i guess there is no way to
win here.

oh, maybe i should glue it back? :(