[FFmpeg-user] avformat_find_stream_info broken recently with multiple threads?

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 06:05:48 CET 2012

Hi all,

First of all, Happy New Year! :)

I've noticed that recent source versions (namely, after December 3rd)
seem to crash in avformat_find_stream_info() function when it's accessed
from multiple threads at the same time. My code hasn't changed and I can
confirm that placing back .dlls (yes, this is a build for Windows) from
December 3rd work ok. DLLs compiled with the same settings and same
code, but after about 2 weeks, crash. This function seems to be the one
triggering the crash (but of course the crash can be somewhere else
inside the function's caller list).

The only useful piece of information I get is an error saying "Invalid
parameter passed to C runtime function".

Carl helped me before by doing a dissect on the code to find another
issue, but I haven't learned from that experience how to do this myself
:) So, can you please advise me how to best proceed and find the problem
spot? I've used gitk on utils.c to check if I could spot anything
obvious since then, but it looks ok (without digging deeper into other
files/functions).

Any advice welcome - thanks!

    Dennis