[FFmpeg-user] ffplay and mpeg1video files

Robert A. Schmied ras at acm.org
Thu Dec 27 03:28:04 CET 2012

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 19:57:30 CET 2012
wrote to the FFmpeg-user list

> could you try with git master?
> Also do you have SDL installed? did 0.4.9 use SDL anybody know?
> -r

well i suppose i could try the git master, but given
all the compilation issues i'm expecting to face i think
it would be lower risk to go with a known release?

if you really really want me to use the git master you
will need to alert me directly and *in a timely manner*.
i'm about to start configuring 'angel' using my old gcc
but will postpone for 12 to 15 hours ...

yes i have SDL installed -- it came with ffmpeg which
was part of a csw package. and yes 0.4.9 uses SDL for
the video window.

ras