[FFmpeg-user] FLV(Speex + H.264) --> MP4(AAC + H.264) Converstion

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:49:32 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Leo Papadopoulos <leo at telecomcto.com> wrote:
> Dear Group:
>
> I have FLV files that contain Speex Audio and H.264 video that I need to
> convert to MP4 with AAC audio and H.264 video.
>
> I used the following command:
> ffmpeg -i telecomcto.flv telecomctotest.mp4 -vcodec h264 -acodec aac
>
> Results:
> - File plays on my Windows PC but is jittery.
> - File plays audio only on my iPad.
> - File does not play at all on my Andriod Tablet that has newest Andriod OS.
>
> These errors are possible the problem:
> [libspeex @ 0x8b68be0]Missing Speex header, assuming defaults.
> [h264 @ 0x8b68650]non-existing SPS 32 referenced in buffering period
> [flv @ 0x8b67420]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
>
> Can anyone offer and suggestions?
>

> BELOW IS THE FULL OUTPUT:
> FFmpeg version 0.6-4:0.6-2ubuntu6.3, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg
> developers
>   built on Dec 21 2011 18:37:43 with gcc 4.4.5

This version of ffmpeg is too old to be supported on here, please
update to recent git head. There have been literally thousands of bugs
fixed since 2010, you must exclude the possibility that one of those
bug fixes affects the output, before people will look at if the
current code has a problem.

Apart from that:

You aren't specifying any bitrate or quality options for x264, so you
are getting the 'defaults' which may not be what you want.

Since the files are already H264, why re-encode the video? (this
syntax won't work for your current ancient version of ffmpeg)

ffmpeg -i in.flv -c:v copy -c:a aac out.mp4

Cheers

Tom