[FFmpeg-user] how to get h264 stream fr­om webcam with hardware H­264 encoding support?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Dec 18 20:05:20 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012, at 04:50 AM, Val Malykh wrote:
> > Втр 18 Дек 2012 16:14:57 +0400, Val Malykh  написал:
> >
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I have a webcam with hardware H264 encoding support and I'd like to
> > stream it with ffmpeg & ffserver. How can I get hardware encoded h264
> > stream from camera with ffmpeg?
> >
> > I'm successfully can stream with transcoding with -vcodec libx264, but
> > I'd like to get hardware encoded stream instead.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Valentin Malykh
>
> I've managed to do this:http://pastebin.com/h4gB9xs3
> As far as I understand I'm having the same problem as this
> person:https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1387
> Any suggestions how to fix it?
> Regards,Valentin Malykh.

The output of "-list_formats all" would be useful:
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -list_formats all -i /dev/video0

Then try choosing one of the listed formats with "-input_format", as an
input option, instead of "-vcodec".

See the video4linux2 section in "ffmpeg -h full" and the ffmpeg
documentation for video4linux2:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#video4linux2

Please remember that top-posting is not recommended for this mailing
list, and please reply to your previous message instead of making a new
"thread". See the archives for an example of what I am trying to
explain:
<http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-December/thread.html>