[FFmpeg-user] creating h264 .mp4 MBAFF tff/bff h264 with AAC audio

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:46:21 CET 2012

Thanks for reply,
Ok, the ways of doing things are numerous, and also making it for a starter
very complex. And than I haven't mentioned the knowledge for audio and
video. For me as a starter it is very difficult to define the borders
between FFmpeg, x264, libx264 and answer question like why you use this
module for that problem and not that module for that problem. A question
like do I have to use libx264 in the command line when I use -x264 opts
[yes/no]? And do I have to use AV options/codec AV options/Format AV
options/filters etc.....when I use interlaced video in en video out.

Concerning the flags, that is tricky. Continue support with decisions made
in the past, or do we clean up now and than with a lot of work.....

Using x264 ..... I tried, but many documented options don't seem to work
with the ffmpeg.exe I retrieved the latest version from the Net, although
mentioned on their website. When I use e.g.:
f:\ffmpeg.exe -i "f:\sample.mpg" -vcodec h264 -b:v 1500k -x264opts
--interlaced --tff -strict -2 -acodec aac -a:b 128k f:\output.mp4
I get the message Unrecognized  option '-tff''

b_interlace.... could not find any reference in the x264 online
documentation