[FFmpeg-user] Merging normalized audio file with original acodec quality.

nanooq nanooq at hasi.it
Fri Dec 14 17:48:26 CET 2012

Hello all,

my question concerns handling of acodecs.

I have an original MTS file A.MTS.
For better audio, I extraced its audio and normalized it with
"normalize" which needs WAV, so now I have a normalized Audio.WAV.
When it comes to merging back I first look at A.MTS original audio
codec, note the parameters and then, secondly craft the ffmpeg command
by hand with the previously noted parameters.

I would like to automate things now and tell ffmpeg to use the acodec
that A.MTS had.

Here would be the command I have in mind:

ffmpeg -i A.MTS -i Audio.WAV -map 0:0 -map:1:0 -vcodec copy -acodec
"WAIT! Take the acodec from A.MTS, instead!" AwesomeMerge.MTS

Is there a working way for the acodec part?

Thank you very much for help and time,

--
 .  Happy Hacking!
..: nanooq