[FFmpeg-user] Corrupt 3gp video

Mark R Bannister mark at proseconsulting.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 16:34:04 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a corrupt 3gp file (with amr_nb audio) created by my camera that
successfully wrote the first 42mb to an SD card before, I guess, the
card got unseated.

I was thinking of using ffmpeg to load the header data from a known good
video recorded on the same camera, while processing the video and audio
from the corrupted file.

I've been hacking ffplay and libavformat, and have successfully got it
past init_input() in avformat_open_input()by running
av_probe_input_buffer() against an avio_open2() of the good file, then
re-running avio_open2() on the bad file before returning from
init_input().  However, now s->iformat->read_header() fails with the
message:

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x681b20] moov atom not found

Am I taking the right route here? Will this work? Is there an easier way?

Best regards,
Mark.