[FFmpeg-user] question about dvd preset

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:32:11 CET 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 1:56 AM, Mike Martin <mike at redtux.org.uk> wrote:

> On 10 December 2012 17:50, Mike Martin <mike at redtux.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Just remove -target from your command line.
>>>

>> about just -s 352x288 (or other legal DVD dimensions))
>
> Isn't 500x500 illegal frame size for a DVD?

Ok I tried to override it using a legal DVD dimension but it's still ignored using -vf scale.  Isn't -s deprecated can I still use it?

Before I remove -target altogether which would mean I have to set everything else manually, is there not at least a widescreen setting or some other way to manipulate the dimensions when using -target?  How to handle widescreen DVD's?

Thanks again!