[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg input, output and config

Zac Harvey zachary.harvey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 17:19:52 CET 2012

Thanks @maujhsn - I completely understand that multi-questions are
discouraged here. Of everything that I asked the one that is burning the
biggest hole in my brain is how ffmpeg accepts input from an actual device.
Since this is software that can run on Linux I assume I pass in the device
as an input somehow, perhaps specifying /dev/mycamera as one of the inputs.

Can you or anyone else at least tell me if I'm on track here, or way off
base? And if way off base, is there a specific part of the documentation of
YouTube video you can point me towards. Thanks again for any and all help.