[FFmpeg-user] Cat 2 mp4 files?

. peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Thu Dec 6 11:44:11 CET 2012

I wanted to combine 2 mp4 files into 1 mp4 file.

Previous to the effort below I had tried using an avi file format but it
didn't work either and I was strictly following the file names listed below.

ffmpeg -i input1.avi -qscale:v 1 intermediate1.mpg
ffmpeg -i input2.avi -qscale:v 1 intermediate2.mpg
cat intermediate1.mpg intermediate2.mpg > intermediate_all.mpg
ffmpeg -i intermediate_all.mpg -qscale:v 2 output.avi

I've tried "cat" alone and that didn't work.

There's got to be an easier reliable way for to combine 2 video files.

Do you know?