[FFmpeg-user] Help with encoding

Levan Chelidze levanchelidze at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 03:00:08 CET 2012

 I have a problem with encoding a video.

So I have a video:

General
> Format                                   : MPEG-4
> Format profile                           : QuickTime
> Codec ID                                 : qt
> File size                                : 306 MiB
> Duration                                 : 3mn 37s
> Overall bit rate                         : 11.8 Mbps
> Encoded date                             : UTC 2011-10-13 03:18:58
> Tagged date                              : UTC 2011-10-13 03:35:11
> Writing library                          : Apple QuickTime
> Video
> ID                                       : 2
> Format                                   : AVC
> Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
> Format profile                           : Main at L4.0
> Format settings, CABAC                   : No
> Format settings, ReFrames                : 2 frames
> Codec ID                                 : avc1
> Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
> Duration                                 : 3mn 37s
> Bit rate                                 : 10.3 Mbps
> Width                                    : 1 888 pixels
> Original width                           : 1 920 pixels
> Height                                   : 1 062 pixels
> Original height                          : 1 080 pixels
> Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
> Frame rate mode                          : Constant
> Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
> Color space                              : YUV
> Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
> Bit depth                                : 8 bits
> Scan type                                : Progressive
> Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.205
> Stream size                              : 266 MiB (87%)
> Language                                 : English
> Encoded date                             : UTC 2011-10-13 03:35:07
> Tagged date                              : UTC 2011-10-13 03:35:11
> Color primaries                          : BT.709
> Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
> Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
> Audio
> ID                                       : 1
> Format                                   : PCM
> Format settings, Endianness              : Little
> Format settings, Sign                    : Signed
> Codec ID                                 : sowt
> Duration                                 : 3mn 37s
> Bit rate mode                            : Constant
> Bit rate                                 : 1 536 Kbps
> Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
> Channel positions                        : Front: L R
> Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
> Bit depth                                : 16 bits
> Stream size                              : 39.8 MiB (13%)
> Language                                 : English
> Encoded date                             : UTC 2011-10-13 03:35:07
> [...]

 I want to convert it to .ogg file and preserve its:
audio/video parameters like bit rate aspect ratio and amount of pixels, but
when I try to encode it with ffmpeg it always lowers audio/video bit rate.
 can you tell me a commend that will output a similar file like the source
is

 Thank you in advanced