[FFmpeg-user] "getting started" for libav users

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:48:21 CEST 2012

> I was tempted to start a wiki page with getting
> started instructions

Such a thing would be extremely useful and I'd be overjoyed if someone wrote one. The problem is, I suspect it would only remain current for a matter of weeks because of the enormous amount of changes that occur on a daily or even hourly basis.

The internet is littered with introductory articles to the libraries that are associated with ffmpeg, but most of them are so old (read: more than a very few months) that they simply don't work with the current code. I know; I've tried.

The short answer seems to be that if you want to do something with ffmpeg's code, you hire one of the developers.