[FFmpeg-user] Need code to convert MP4 to DivX AVI

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Aug 25 12:00:44 CEST 2012

. <peace <at> AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net> writes:

> I'm trying to convert mp4's and put them on my Eclipse T2800 in avi
> format.  Sadly, the code line below didn't work.

You mean the resulting file did not play on your
device? Or did the command line fail? In that case:
Complete, uncut console output missing.

> Oh well, what do I expect from a mp3/avi player that cost $42?

Please provide ffmpeg -i file output for a working video.
You need -acodec libmp3 in any case if the player only
supports mp3.

Do not top-post here, it is considered rude!