[FFmpeg-user] moving from FLV to MP4 container

Victor C c-map at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:14:29 CEST 2012

> > C:\Users\admin\Documents\videos>ffmpeg -i video.flv
> > FFmpeg version git-N-29181-ga304071, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg develope
> > rs
> >   built on Apr 18 2011 21:24:03 with gcc 4.5.2
>
> This version is a bit old have you considered trying the latest?
> -r

I've done this now, and it seems to have worked.

Do you have an idea of why the duration and bitrates are still different?

duration:
FLV: 46:39.67    MP4: 46:39.66

overall bitrate:
FLV: 336 kb/s    MP4: 335 kb/s

video bitrate:
FLV: 253 kb/s    MP4: 246 kb/s

audio bitrate:
FLV: 82 kb/s    MP4: 79 kb/s

I've also noticed this difference in the properties displayed by ffmpeg -i video.(flv | mp4):
FLV:
Input #0, flv, from 'video.flv':

MP4:
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0228bf20] multiple edit list entries, a/v desync migh
t occur, patch welcome
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'video.mp4':

Why are there multiple edit list entries, why might they cause a/v desync to occur, and how can I reduce them to one?

Victor