[FFmpeg-user] Change coordinates of image overly

dmj2144 dennis_jansky at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 00:10:15 CEST 2012

So, I have a problem where I need to change the position of an image overlay
based on the values that I am being passed.  At this point, I am streaming
data from a device that, in this case, is watching a bouncing ball and there
is a process that is sending me x,y coordinates of the ball (i.e. its'
center).  I need to take those coordinates and shift my image overlay based
on them.  I have been looking at filters.  The main problem, from what I can
see, is that the overlay is specified at the being of the stream.  For
example,

ffmpeg -i rtsp://0.0.0.0:9998 -i overlay.png -f ogg -filter_complex
'overlay=20:main_h-overlay_h-20' output.ogg

With that command I am able to see my overlay perfectly on the ball but,
once I the content streams I need the overlay to shift accordingly.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Dennis