[FFmpeg-user] Zeranoe Windows builds spiking CPU to 100% randomly

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:59:20 CEST 2012

> Interesting.  I wonder if you can still "get around it" by just using
> LDFLAGS="-lpthread" but then telling libx264 and ffmpeg *not* to use
> pthreads (so they use windows native threads for now). I'll experiment
> around with it sometime.

Turns out you can compile libx264 and specify to use "windows threads"
(as well as ffmpeg).  With libvpx you still need it though (and
something like the above did work).
Anyway, the latest zeranoe builds have switched temporarily to using
"just windows threads" until we can figure out what's wrong with
pthreads (as a work around).
Cheers!
-r