[FFmpeg-user] Change aspect ratio of MPEG-PS without re-encoding?

llarevo at gmx.net llarevo at gmx.net
Thu Aug 9 18:57:18 CEST 2012

I don't know much about ffmpeg, because I still use mainly mencoder.

With this, you can achieve aspect ratio change with:

mencoder ${file} -fps 25 -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg -mpegopts
format=dvd:tsaf:vaspect=4/3 -forceidx -o ${file}.newaspect

Set vaspect according to your needs.

fps is the framrate and optional, as well as the parameters forceidx and
format=dvd:tsaf. See also the mencoder manpage.

Regards
--
Felix