[FFmpeg-user] timecode_frame_start option has no effect

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:11:20 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 12:24:49PM +0200, bouke wrote:
> [...]

Yes this (deprecated) function is just to mark the mpeg stream, this is
not what you are looking for.

> Use -ss instead (be warned it might not be frame accurate)

It won't.

OTOH, you may use -vf select for accurate frame selection (something like
-vf 'select=gte(n\,100)' to skip the 100 first frames); I'm not sure how
well this will work with audio sync though.

The frame accurate seek is a wanted feature, but I don't know if an issue
is already opened for this. You might want to dig on the trac¹ and
eventually open a new ticket.

[...]

[1]: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/report

--