[FFmpeg-user] Resuming broken capture of mpeg-ts stream, or capture from certain position?

JustPassing pouvoirsdumale-ffmpeg at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 19:50:11 CEST 2012

Well, like I said, this is the first time I've used ffmpeg because in the
past, other methods have worked, methods that were much simpler and easy.

Does it work for all url streams?  Haven't tried so I can't say.
Does it work for mpeg-ts streams?  I've tried it with one of these olympic
mpeg-ts streams on NBCOlympics, giving it a position of 10 seconds and it
worked (so it started recording at the 10 second position).  Yeah, I think
it would work if I wanted to start capturing at a position further after the
beginning, like 1 hour away.  But like I said, it just hangs there and I
think it is streaming it but not capturing, waiting to get to the specified
position.

If that's the case, this method is useless because by the time ffmpeg gets
to where I need it to start recording, the link will have expired again.

*sigh* I think my only option is to either forget trying to capture or
accept capturing a lower quality stream (like 480p or 320p) instead of
1080p.  I can get about an hour recorded of 3 hour 1080p streams before the
links expire, so I should be able to get the whole stream if I accept a
lower quality stream...

I will have to see what I decide...