[FFmpeg-user] Preserve pix_fmt, regardless of codec?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Apr 27 15:08:40 CEST 2012

Nicolas George <nicolas.george <at> normalesup.org> writes:

> L'octidi 8 floréal, an CCXX, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> > Sorry, I honestly believe FFmpeg currently does exactly what
> > you asked.
>
> Unfortunately, not at all.

I suspect you are refering to ticket #1080, while Peter's question -
if I understood him correctly - was more "Does FFmpeg always force a
colour space or does it choose them at random?" while it actually
tries hard not to loose any information from the input file when
encoding (from a colour space perspective).

Or do you mean another problem?