[FFmpeg-user] On Demand Input Switching

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:20:28 CEST 2012

2012/4/19  <me at renecalles.de>:
> thanks a lot for your helpful answer.
> I'm just not shure how buffering could work for seamless switching.
> I think i would need to preserve the latest frame for live source and first
> frame from file source, encode them properly to the output format and serve
> the "Playout/Muxer"-Module.
>
> So, it seems i have to use multiple instances of Framebuffers??? for a
> seamless switch.
>
> Am i right here?

I have no idea what is Framebuffers, and Playout/Muxer Module. Can't
understand what you said.

> Anyway it seems then i have to move to the libav-dev list.

No, libav-user. You can also subscribe and ask on libav-api at libav.org.
But don't confuse them, talking about problems with libs from
ffmpeg.org on libav.org maillists is off-topic, and vice-versa.

--
Andrey Utkin