[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg configure

Stamper, Tremayne L CTR USSOCOM HQ Tremayne.Stamper.ctr at socom.mil
Wed Apr 18 15:48:34 CEST 2012

I am trying to configure ffmpeg to include libmp3lame, I have already
installed libmp3lame under c:\ffmpeg.-10.0\libmp3lame3.98.4\, and tested
the lame.exe  that's in \frontend and it definitely converts audio, but
when I try to configure ffmpeg to use it like:
Under my ~c:\ffmpeg.-10.0
configure --prefix=ffmpeg/ --disable-network --disable-debug
--enable-libmp3l me --enable-gpl it gives this error like it doesn't
recognize the install

ERROR: libmp3lame >= 3.98.3 not found

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
latest version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the
problem to the ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on
irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will
help solving the problem.