[FFmpeg-user] Hi Friends...

Matthew Morgan lytithwyn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:37:29 CEST 2012

On 04/17/2012 12:02 PM, support at loginonair.com wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new born baby to ffmpeg... we wondered a lot about ffmpeg
> especially video decoding. Now we are developing a Television
> transmission using ffmpeg, QT in Linux (ubuntu 10.04 LTS). I need
> some help regarding ffmpeg development. If any one have full
> tutorial how to write codings, pls give the material or website
> link (I already saw http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/).

If you are doing things in code rather than using the ffmpeg frontend,
you're probably looking for libavcodec and libavformat (the libraries
that do the work for ffmpeg).  There's not a lot out there in the way of
up-to-date tutorial material that I can find but I did find this:
http://blog.tomaka17.com/2012/03/libavcodeclibavformat-tutorial/

It may give you some ideas.  I just skimmed it so I can't attest to its
completeness, though I did notice that at the beginning of each of his
code listings there is an extraneous "[cpp]" string.  These are probably
tags from a source-code highlighting plugin he used to use on his blog.
Just ignore them.