[FFmpeg-user] rc buffer overflow (codecs mpeg4, flv)

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:08:09 CEST 2012

2012/4/13 Mike Scheutzow <mike.scheutzow at alcatel-lucent.com>:
> I have no experience with the flv encoder, but if the general VBV rules
> apply to it, it makes no sense to do both of these things at the same time:
>
> 1. enable VBV rate control
>
> 2. set maxrate == minrate
>
> You are giving conflicting instructions to the encoder.
>
> Have you tried removing -minrate parameter from the command line?

Removing -minrate only changes nothing.
Removing -minrate, -maxrate and -bufsize (so only -b:v stays)
normalizes everything.
So issue is solved.
Now it's good time to ask me why i didn't try it initially :)
I decided to add these flags, because another time, working with very
continuous live streams, encoding with libx264, i saw that after time
like 24 hours, bitrate got much higher than what i set to bit_rate and
bit_rate_tolerance. Then, on #x264 IRC, i was advised to use such
options.

--
Andrey Utkin