[FFmpeg-user] bgra to yuv

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 11 08:49:07 CEST 2012

Josh long <funkyirish <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Here goes:  I want to convert bgra 1920x1080 30fps video

(I am still curious how / why you get bgra video:
Is that ray-traced material containing transparency?)

> to yuv444p format for compression using straight dirac_encoder.

> ffmpeg -i 0_10_sec.avi  -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv444p yuv444.avi

Why don't you use libschroedinger instead of rawvideo in
this command line if your goal is to get dirac in avi?

(The real question is why you want to use yuv444 dirac:
dirac usually has no advantages over other codecs, if you
need a lossless codec, try ffv1, it also supports RGB.)

Concerning your command line:
yuv444 is not defined in avi (if you have a counter-example,
please share it!), use nut if you need to store raw yuv444p
in a container (I do not think that is what you want to do).

And please note that if you are a user, current git head is
always recommended.