[FFmpeg-user] h264 looks bad in Flash Player

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 3 10:13:22 CEST 2012

wtfux <wtfux.dev <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Example image: http://i.imgur.com/IRJdu.png (top: flash player
> (latest version), bottom: VLC 2.0)

Is the problem also reproducible if you use x264 (the executable)
instead of FFmpeg? Did you try the reference decoder?

> Command: ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -codec:a libfaac -b:a 150k -codec:v
> libx264 -preset slow -profile:v high -tune:v animation -level:v 4.1
> -refs:v 9 -crf:v 21 -threads 8 -f mp4 ~/test.mp4
> MediaInfo: http://pastebin.com/rRxtrQ5z

While I cannot comment on x264 encoding options, whoever can would
probably want to see the complete, uncut console output of above command.
(I don't remember a problem report where MediaInfo output was useful.)