[FFmpeg-user] using flac parameters in ffmpeg

David Rice daverice at mac.com
Mon Apr 2 04:44:00 CEST 2012

Hi Carl,

I placed this at https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1158.

> Isn't this the default?

I see some of the bext tags are mapped to flac tags which is great, but is not entirely what --keep-foreign-metadata does in the flac utility. For instance, this sample http://www.gallery.co.uk/ixml/examples/usesEntireiXMLSpec.WAV has an iXML chunk. With "flac --keep-foreign-metadata usesEntireiXMLSpec.WAV" the output would contain a copy of the iXML chunk.
Dave