[FFmpeg-user] Oddity decoding DVCProHD and XDCAM

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Apr 1 13:00:03 CEST 2012

Mike Szumlinski <szumlins <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've put the output into pastebin as to not clog up
> everyone's email with excessive output

For future reports, please always post the complete,
uncut console output here on the mailing list, external
resources may disappear.

> DVCProHD Output

> [libx264 @ 0x288eb40] profile High 4:2:2, level 4.0, 4:2:2 8-bit

> XDCam Output

> [libx264 @ 0x38223e0] profile High 4:2:2, level 3.2, 4:2:2 8-bit

WMP and QuickTime do not support 4:2:2 in H264 (I am not sure
about HTML5, but at least IE and Safari certainly do not
support it), use -pix_fmt yuv420p to force 4:2:0.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude, Carl Eugen