[FFmpeg-user] slanted line when playing a video with an odd width

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 00:35:41 CEST 2011

On date Wednesday 2011-09-21 15:58:29 -0600, Roger Pack encoded:
> Hello.  I noticed that ffmpeg can "capture" windows that have an odd width, ex:
> 777x777
>
> however, when played in ffplay, there is a curious diagonal line
> displayed [1] which doesn't appear in mplayer.
> Bug reportable?
> Cheers!

I remember the bug and I'm not yet sure it was a bug of FFmpeg or of
SDL, and I can't apparently reproduce it in my Debian. And yes
reporting may be a good idea anyway (providing sample and command, or
you may use the lavfi device + testsrc).