[FFmpeg-user] mp4 interleaving

Balna balnaborju at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:50:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

I’d like to use mp4box for swapping the audio in some mp4 files, generated
earlier with ffmpeg (h.264+aac).

I am however not sure, whether the resulting container will be interleaved in a
suitable way for, say, offline playback on a computer or a set-top box. The same
interleaving structure would be fine, as ffmpeg did originally, but I don’t have
a clue, how ffmpeg does it by default. What I'm most afraid is seeking problems
and audio sync problems.

So I wonder how ffmpeg interleaves an mp4 output ? (chunk size, whatever..)

Thanks in advance, Peter